RNAse protection assays

Richard Rohan rrohan at world.std.com
Mon Jun 3 07:23:52 EST 1996

We use the RPA protocol from Current Methods in Molecular Biology and have been
able to detect 0.07 pg of a 400 nt target in 20 micrograms of total RNA.  Probes
are synthesized with 800 Ci/mmole UTP.  Less than 20 micrograms of sample RNA
can be used but we always add yeast tRNA as carrier to bring the total to 20.

Contact me if you want more details.

Rich Rohan