Acrylamide Gel setting too quickly -- IDEAS??

Rico Laage rico.laage at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jun 3 03:31:30 EST 1996

solution.
> > I was wonderin if anyone else has had these problems and if it really
> > is due to the temp of the solution?
> >       Thanks!
> >               Brian
>
> Dear Brian,
> Yes, it is definitely the temperature.  Acrylamide gels always take
> longer to set on cold days.  Try chilling the acrylamide mix before adding the
> TEMED and  APS until it feels cool to touch.  Also, don't use high heat to

> Michelle
> michelle.gleeson at uts.edu.au

yes temp is important, but I would suggest to reduce the Temed
concentration, because this catalizes the reaction and as far as I
know determines the speed of polymerization.
try it ! Rico
* Neurobiology  Tel.                 +49 (6221) 54-4863  *
* Uni Heidelberg			   FAX  54-4496  *
* Im Neuenheimer Feld 364                                *
* Germany                                                *
* World-Wide-Web:                                        *
* http://server.nbio.uni-heidelberg.de/Neurobiology.html *