StratagenQuikChange

Michael Forte forte at mtwo.com
Mon Jun 3 15:58:39 EST 1996

In article
<Pine.PMDF.3.91.960531123850.194937C-100000 at BIOMED.MED.YALE.EDU>, Tori
<twilliam at BIOMED.MED.YALE.EDU> wrote:

> Has anyone used the Stratagene Quik Change protocol? I just started
> fooling around with it and wanted to know if anyone had had any successes
> or failures. In my most recent attempt I got lots and lots of colonies. I
> have to do minipreps to see if they are real but at first glance it seems
> as though I have too many positives.
>
> Post replys if you choose but also please e-mail me directly.
> twilliam at biomed.med.yale.edu
>
> Thanks much,
> Tori

>                              Tori D. Williams
>                        twilliam at biomed.med.yale.edu
>
>      DST SK DK PHD2B SCI 0(+> LIVELONG... AGGIEPRIDE MAC  = ME!!!! :)

My lab just switched to this systems and in our hands, it works very
well.  Lots of mutants that we were never able to make with pALTER were
generated easily and abundantly with this system.  It may not work quite
as well as advertized, but it is the best we have found.

Mike Forte