Plaque hybridisation with nylon membranes?

Carsten Hoege c.hoege at bham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 4 08:48:28 EST 1996

Hi there!

I'm up to screen a million phage plaques  of a genomic library in poppy.
I want to use square plates (25x25 cm). Since I haven't found a manufacturer
providing nitrocellulose filters for these plates I thought about using Hybond-N
or Hybond-N+ membranes which come on a roll. Previously I used nitrocellulose filters
 with the standard screeningprocedure of Benton and Davis . Has anyone experience,
how the different charge of nylon affects the screening, especially non specific binding ?
Thanks for any help!

Carsten