Help: MORPH and Stratagene mutagenesis kits

A.S. Sohal u9310871 at MUSS.CIS.MCMASTER.CA
Tue Jun 4 08:38:38 EST 1996

Hi! My name is Avtar and I have been experimenting with some new
site-directed mutagenesis kits.  In particular, I have been working with
the MORPH single-primer site-directed mutagenesis kit and the Chameleon
site-directed mutagenesis kit from Stratagene.  I was wondering if anyone
has had any success with these kits.  I am having trouble isolating my
treated plasmid from the mut S cells after transformation.  The cells
grow in LB-amp so the transformation to gain amp resistance must have
been successful.  However, attempting to isolate the plasmid by means of
a alkaline lysis mini-prep has been unsuccessful in producing any DNA.  I
hope someone can save me.

Thanx

Avtar