Plaque hybridisation with nylon membranes?

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 5 07:11:08 EST 1996

Nylon membranes such as Hybond N are actually superior to nitrocellulose
in detecting sequences with low homology to the target ( also on
colony /plaque screening!), as all background binding of the probe
disappears after two washes at RT.
Look at my Web site for a modification of the
Church-Gilbert-Hauge-Goodman  protocol I use.

Happy screening.

Alexander Kraev, PhD                     Internet:
kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch