Nematode DNA extraction method

Andrew Harrison Andrew.Harrison at ncl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 03:52:02 EST 1996

	I am currently using a procedure for the extraction of nematodes
from whole soil with the aim of assessing the diversity using molecular
biology. I am needing a method for the extraction of DNA from the
nematodes for the future PCR of the 18S ribosomal gene, the sequence of
which will be used as an indicator of diversity. Can anyone help me out
with a protocol for the extaction of nematode DNA from a wide population
of species that I may expect to find in soil. Any help would be most
appreciated. Thanks in advance............................Andy Harrison