Bal 31 information

c670769 at showme.missouri.edu c670769 at showme.missouri.edu
Wed Jun 5 13:53:20 EST 1996

I am currently trying to digest the ends of DNA with Bal 31 to get rid
of the telomeres as they are interfering with my PCR results.  However
I've noticed that sometimes my very first aliquot after only five
minutes of digestion has a change in what I see in my PCR product.
The idea of the primer attachment site to be on the very end is
virtually out of the question, so the next problem could be the
endonuclease activity of Bal 31.  This could become a big problem.  So
my question is, has anyone used Bal 31 and been able to combat the
endonuclease activity successfully?

Thanks in advance,

Brent