HELP HELP cDNA library

Chi-kuang Wen ckwen at expert.cc.purdue.edu
Wed Jun 5 11:59:45 EST 1996

Els Van Geldre (Els.VanGeldre at rug.ac.be) wrote:
: Hi,

: I synthetised cDNA starting from mRNA from plant sources. After addition
: of Eco RI/Not I adaptors and insertion into lgt 11 phage I only become
: blue plaques. The problem is probably the addition of the
: EcoRI/Not I adaptors or the insertion into the lgt 11 phage. However, I
: strictly followed the instructions of the kit I used (TimeSaver cDNA
: synthesis kit). Do you have any suggestions to become recombinant plaques
: ?

: Thanks,
: Els Van Geldre
Hi, Els:
  Did you size-fractionate the insert/adaptor ligation rxn?  If the adaptor is not removed, it will self-ligates and becomes inserts to generate blue phages.

Chi-Kuang