Single-stranded DNA stability

orlando dominguez IKHT5 at cc.uab.es
Fri Jun 7 08:37:22 EST 1996

On martes 4 de junio de 1996, Karen Nel wrote...
> Could someone please advise?
>
> We are using RT-PCR to amplify genes, so we reverse-transcribe mRNA to
> single-stranded DNA and then use this for PCR.  The success of the PCR
> reactions is reduced over a period of time and we think this may have to
do
> with the stability of the single-stranded DNA.  We have tried heating
the
> sample in case the DNA has stuck to the tubes but this seems to make no
> difference.  Does anyone have any information or advice on storage of ss
DNA?

> Thank you in advance

___
karen at scientia.up.ac.za
> Department of Biochemistry
> University of Pretoria
> +27-12-420-2011

---

Karen,

We have the same feeling. It is like it'd degrade itself somehow. We
started using siliconized tubes and avoid freezing the cDNA pool after
synthesis. We don't have a sound associative evidence for improvements yet
but feel more confident.

Orlando
--
Inmunologia