suicidal rna extracter

GERALDINE KAMINSKI gzk at ollamh.ucd.ie
Mon Jun 10 05:07:14 EST 1996

Can anyone help us with our rna extractions?  We're using Ultraspec
( chomsinsky's method) to extract hepatitis C rna from serum.
When it works we get a nice product but it seems to be a bit
of a hit and miss affair .  I think we may be missing those
specimens with a lower target number. We often see largish pellets
after precipitation overnight with glycogen but get no product from
the rt-pcr. Our problem may be the quality of the water we dissolve
the pellet in . Any ideas? many thanks.
Geraldine.
#