non-radioactive PCR...any suggestions?

Klaus Salger salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Jun 10 13:50:34 EST 1996

ahab wrote:

>  I am doing differential display (Liang & Pardee).  Has anyone used a
> non-radioactive approach to amplify cDNAs after RT?  Should I get
> custom-labelled primers or should I label them myself with biotion?

Hi,

people down the hall developed a non-radioactive protocol for
differential display. It was published in BioTechniques.

REN Display, A Rapid and Efficient Method for Nonradioactive Differntial
Display and mRNA Isolation
LOHMANN, J.; SCHICKLE, H.; BOSCH, T. C. G.
Benchmark, BioTechniques, 18:200-202

You don't need labeled primers for this method. Rather it uses silver
staining to detect the bands. People here are using a Pharmacia
MultiPhor gel chamber and precast gels. They say these gels work much
better than the usual home made ones.

If you are interested you could contact Jan Lohmann via e-mail:
lohmann at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de

Hope this helps
  Klaus

--
Klaus Salger                phone : +49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany