ExpressHyb Hybridisation Solution

Sandra Pena De Ortiz spenadeo at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Jun 11 16:42:52 EST 1996

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Patrick HJ Falckh wrote:

> Lo Netters,
>
> I got a flyer the other day about a product from Clontech called
> ExpressHyb, which is a 'new' hybridisation solution which only
> requires 1 hour for hybridisation runs (Northerns, Southerns etc).
>
> I would appreciate it if anyone has used the stuff if you could email
> me your impressions (good or bad) and what pitfalls you may have come
> across (although companies never tell us there are any!)
>
> In appreciation,
>

> --
>
>    Patrick HJ Falckh PhD                                 #     #
>    Key Centre for Applied & Nutritional Toxicology      # # # # #
>    RMIT - City Campus                                    # Q Q #
>    GPO Box 2467V, Melbourne  Vic  3001                   #  o  #
>                                                           # ~ #
>    Telephone  : 03 9660 3136                             ##<->##
>    Fax No.    : 03 9663 6087                            #       #
>    Email      : p.falckh at rmit.edu.au                   # #     # #
>                                                        ##       ##
>    "No matter how tall your grandfather                  #  \/  #
>        was, you have to do your own growing"              # /\ #
>                                                          ooO  Ooo

Hi!

We have been using Express Hyb in the lab for almost a year with no
problems.  we've used in in southerns, northerns, and colony lifts.  It
works well for ransdom primed and for end-labelled oligonucleotide
probes.  We havee needed to extend the prehyb step in some cases but the
1 hour hybridization always works.

Good Luck

SPO

UTSA