Phage Display Library

RVDESHP0 at am.pnu.com RVDESHP0 at am.pnu.com
Tue Jun 11 14:02:10 EST 1996

Paul,

Here are some suggestions :

1. Is there an E. coli library available for doing this?
Yes, Invitrogen has recently come up with an E.coli peptide library named
"FliTrx", which displays random peptides fused to the flagellar protein.

2. What is the largest size of displayed peptide made?
Most commonly, the peptide size varies between 6 and 15 amino acids.
However, much larger protein domains (200 a.a.) have been successfully
expressed on the phage surface.

3. Is there a best vector or kit in your opinion for doing this?
You may wish to contact Dr. George Smith, University of Missouri, Columbia,
MO 65211, Tel.(314)882-3344 for the pfuse series vectors.

Good luck.

-Rajendra

Rajendra V. Deshpande, Ph.D.
Pharmacia & Upjohn, Inc.
Molecular Biology Research
Mail Stop 7242-209-724
301 Henrietta Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Tel. (616)833-1755
Fax (616)833-1559
e-mail : rvdeshp0 at am.pnu.com

I'm beginning a phage display library screening and I have a few
questions for an expert. I want to pan for a DNA binding protein
or peptide (fragment of the binding protein) using an immobilized
DNA fragment.

1. Is there an E. coli library available for doing this?

2. What is the largest size of displayed peptide made?

3. Is there a best vector or kit in your opinion for doing this?

-Paul.