BRP vector (pSW1 only) sequence or restriction maps.

D. Hodges dh124 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 12 04:24:46 EST 1996

David B. Knaebel (knaebel at draco.clarkson.edu) wrote:
: We are trying to find out more about pSW1, a bacteriocin release protein
: expressing system. Does anyone have or know of a source of restriction
: and or sequence data? There is very little available via Entrez / GenBank
: Databases.

: Thanks for any information.

We've tried this system before. Although I don't have any sequence
information I can tell you that it is produced commercially by Novagen.
The plasmid is a derivative of  pACYC184. You co-transform with your
normal expression vector (pSW1 has tet resistance) and induce the BRP
expression with mitomycin C. You want a different inducer to your desired
protein because you only want low levels of BRP - too much and you kill
your cells rather than just making them leaky.

Hope this helps

Debbie
      Debbie Hodges 				 dh124 at cus.cam.ac.uk
	  Fax 01223 217838		tel: 01223 216050
Rheumatology Research Unit, Addenbrookes Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK.