Long biotinylated DNA binding to magnetic particles

piero carninci carninci at rtc.riken.go.jp
Thu Jun 13 04:06:23 EST 1996

Does anyone have any suggestion or good protocol to bind long, biotinylated
DNA fragments (10 Kbp) to streptavidin-coated magnetic beads? I know
already that binding to beads of long fragments can be not so much
effective. I tried recently to bind at 50C for 30' in high salt buffer, but
the result was not better than standard protocols, due also to the
aggregation of beads under high salt condition. Any good idea?

Thanks in advance
Piero Carninci
GENOME SCIENCE LABORATORY
RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center