Isolation of "hot" oligos

Francois Coulier coulier at infobiogen.fr
Thu Jun 13 05:46:04 EST 1996

On 13 Jun 1996, Joachim Kremerskothen wrote:

> Hi netters,
>
> we have a problem with the isolation of radioactive-labeled oligos
> (20mers) after T4 kinase phosphorylation. Ethanol precipitation and gel
> filtration with Pharmacia`s G50 columns didn´t work very well (maybe
> because of the lenght of the oligos?). Are there other and better methods
> for the isolation?
>
> --
> Dr. Joachim Kremerskothen
> Institut for experimental Pathology
> University of Muenster
> Mendelstrasse 11
> D-48149 Muenster
> Germany
> phone ++49 251 838615
> fax ++49 251 838616

I used to gel purified my labelled oligo (long sequencing gel, 1mm
thick). After short exposure (wet gel covered with saran wrap), I cut the
band and electroluted it.
Care should be taken to avoid irradiation, so start now collecting all
the radioactive shield you can find!
Francois Coulier
INSERM Unite 119
27 bd Lei Roure