Long biotinylated DNA binding to magnetic particles

Mr. M.J. Lush mlush at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 13 05:27:50 EST 1996

In article <199606130902.SAA29399 at rtcmain.rtc.riken.go.jp>,
piero carninci <carninci at rtc.riken.go.jp> wrote:
>Does anyone have any suggestion or good protocol to bind long, biotinylated
>DNA fragments (10 Kbp) to streptavidin-coated magnetic beads? I know
>already that binding to beads of long fragments can be not so much
>effective. I tried recently to bind at 50C for 30' in high salt buffer, but
>the result was not better than standard protocols, due also to the
>aggregation of beads under high salt condition. Any good idea?

	I've just started using Dynal streptavidin beads,  in their
Techniques book they suggest using 3M LiCl to improve binding of
large fragments (>1kb),  they also showed data that molar binding
capacity was reduced with DNA length.

(I've no connection with Dynal etc etc)

NPC rights activist           |      Nameless Abominations are people too.