strider program

Jim Woodgett jwoodget at
Thu Jun 13 12:42:53 EST 1996

In article <4pnafi$ert at>, RUTH MCMAHON <RMCMAHON at>
> I have just realised that the strider program I am using ignores any
> base other than GATC, and I have had sequences with S, W or Y in it,
> which obviously leads to the wrong number of base pairs, and
> possibly incorrect restriction maps. Is this because I am using an
> old version, or is this an unchangeable part of the program setup?

The current version is 1.2.  While this one allows different genetic codes, it
still depends on GATC and ignores other characters.

Jim Woodgett

Ontario Cancer Institute     mailto:jwoodget at
610 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9   phone (416) 946-2962  fax: (416) 946-2963