DIG vs. biotin: Preferencess?

John J Weiland jweiland at badlands.NoDak.edu
Thu Jun 13 14:45:45 EST 1996

I would appreciate a quick word from anyone who has compared the DIG vs.
biotin labelling/detection systems for chemiluminescent Northern/Southern
blotting.  Although I am not using proprietary (commercial) blocking
preparations, the blockers that I am using are not adequate for background
elimination (Hybond N+ membrane, 5% SDS in prehyb/hyb, biotinylated
riboprobe, 5% SDS in streptavidin-alk-phos binding). Any comments will be
appreciated.

John