Paul shows his age :) Was:Re: How to break out bacteria on the plate

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at
Wed Jun 12 13:21:41 EST 1996

Paul N Hengen wrote:

> Something could simply turn the plate upside down over a beaker of
> chloroform, or spray it on with an atomizer. I think this was done long ago
> when petri dishes were made of glass. I don't know what will happen with
> polycarbonate.  You might fog or melt the plates...could make for interesting
> artwork :-)

When petri dishes were made of _glass_? Hoohoohoo, I don't think you should admit to
remembering those days! ;-0

Next you'll be talking about how you used to use _glass_ micropippetes, or radiation!

Maybe you could be the one to answer my question about Cot curves - you've probably done
'em ;-)

Susan Jane Hogarth (still waiting for an answer to her question about genome complexity)

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Freddy the Fish

"Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being
taught." -- Winston Churchill