Semi-dry blotter recommendations

Eric Roush edroush at
Fri Jun 14 09:33:49 EST 1996

In article <4pmohf$c85 at>, lhom at
(Louis Hom) wrote:

> Our lab is in the market for a semi-dry blotter for Westerns.  So far we're
> going to look into the Bio-Rad and Owl blotters.  I'd welcome any comments
> on these or other semi-dry apparatus.

Our laboratory has had good results with the Hoeffler semi-dry blotter.

Other than that, the only recommendation that I'd make would be
to stay away from any blotter that requires a Mylar mask (if there
are still any like that on the market).  It's just one more
pain to deal with, and in my experience, blotters without masks
work just fine.

Eric Roush               Phil Niekro for the HOF!
edroush at   (Net and Real!)
also coache at      Send your net ballot to vinay at
Maddux/Glavine in 1996!       It's Time for a Change-Up!