Semi-dry blotter recommendations

Eric Roush edroush at acpub.duke.edu
Fri Jun 14 09:33:49 EST 1996

In article <4pmohf$c85 at agate.berkeley.edu>, lhom at nature.berkeley.edu
(Louis Hom) wrote:

> Our lab is in the market for a semi-dry blotter for Westerns.  So far we're
> going to look into the Bio-Rad and Owl blotters.  I'd welcome any comments
> on these or other semi-dry apparatus.

Our laboratory has had good results with the Hoeffler semi-dry blotter.

Other than that, the only recommendation that I'd make would be
to stay away from any blotter that requires a Mylar mask (if there
are still any like that on the market).  It's just one more
pain to deal with, and in my experience, blotters without masks
work just fine.

--
Eric Roush               Phil Niekro for the HOF!
edroush at acpub.duke.edu   (Net and Real!)
also coache at aol.com      Send your net ballot to vinay at baseball.org