Freeze and Squeeze
cgrunau at imb-jena.de
Fri Jun 14 03:33:46 EST 1996
In article <4p9vqk$gu1 at swen.emba.uvm.edu>, ayezersk at gnu.uvm.edu (Ann M.
> Does anyone have the standard protocol for "Freeze and Squeeze" to remove
> DNA from an agarose gel? If so, e-mail me at ayezersk at moose.uvm.edu.
> Thanks in advance!
> Ann Yezerski
* Buy "amicon micropure separators" or ask amicon for a free sample
* cut out the band of interest
* put it into the separator tube
* centrifuge at max. speed for 10 min
* for ligation PhOH/CHCl3 extract and precipitate, for sequencing use directly
(The principle is the same as described in the other postings i.e. tube
with hole in the tip. But the amicon works more efficient.)
Good luck - Christoph
More information about the Methods