PEG in ligations

Chris Boyd chrisb at
Tue Jun 11 05:34:30 EST 1996

Michael W. Thompson (mthom0 at wrote:
: 	    I agree, I have seldom needed to use PEG, even in tricky blunt-end ligations, and I've
: also found that PEG strongly inhibits the subsequent transformation.

That's interesting.  I have found that the presence of PEG at and
somewhat above the levels one uses in ligation makes no difference to
transformation (by electroporation) frequencies.

Best wishes,
Chris Boyd                       | from, | MRC Human Genetics Unit
chrisb at             |  not  |  Western General Hospital |   for |   Edinburgh EH4 2XU, SCOTLAND