In vitro transcription kits & other RNA reagents

Donald Chun Kit Wong dcwong at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 18 01:48:00 EST 1996

We are going to begin to do some in situ hybridization in our lab and
need to ask for some advice.

We are going to do in vitro transcription to make RNA probes from cDNA
inserted in plasmid. We have seen several kits from companies, eg.
Stratagene, Ambion, Boehringer Mannheim, etc. Has anyone found whether
one is better than the others?

We have also seen other RNA products, eg. RNaseZap, dip sticks to detect
RNase in solutions, etc. and in situ hybridization kits. Is there any of
these that are useful or recommended to be used?

Any other suggestions / tips will be appreciated.

Donald Wong
Pathology, Univ. of B.C.
Vancouver, Canada