I need some advice on bandshift assays

Paul N Hengen pnh at kaylor.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Jun 17 17:44:07 EST 1996

Tom Magee (tmagee at earthlink.net) wrote:

: Hi, I've been running standard band shift assays that are OK but not
: great.  I get large oval shaped  bands rather than sharp bands. I run a 20
: ul rxn.  Any suggestions as to getting sharp well defined bands?  Any
: foolproof protocols out there?  Thanks, Tom

Try running the gel at half the voltage for about 20 min., then
crank it up to whatever you normally do. I like the nice bands
this does for me :-)