NaI solution in geneclean

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Jun 17 12:27:12 EST 1996

Francois Coulier wrote:

> I got the same problem [yellow color] with some batch of NaI. It did not affect the
> yield of purification, nor the clonabiliy of the purified fragment.
> interestingly, when I mixed the last few ml of the yellow NaI with a new
> batch, the color disappeared.

Why the heck would you mix an old batch in with a new one? Particuarly as the
old batch was looking cruddy?? Just curious...
--

Susan Jane Hogarth

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Freddy the Fish

"Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being
taught." -- Winston Churchill

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~sjhogart/public/home.html