pcr cycle

Shi-Jye Chu chusj at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Tue Jun 18 11:19:07 EST 1996

Hi reader:

    Recently I read some methods in the papers about the pcr cycles
    the cycles is

   95 C for 5 minutes, 60 C for 1 minute, 72 C for 1.5 minutes for one
cycle
    95 C for 1 minute, 60 C for 1 minute , 72 C for 1.5 minute for 26
cycles
     95 C for 1 minute, 60 C for i minute , 72 C for 10 minutes for one
cycle
  I do not understand which reason is   95 C for 5 minutes for first
cycle  and 72 C for 10 minutes for last cycle
Does any paper explain that ? Or somebody can explain that ? Thank a lot

Shi-Jye Chu