slicing acrylamide gels

Guido Hooiveld g.j.e.j.hooiveld at farm.rug.nl
Tue Jun 18 10:50:53 EST 1996

Hello,

The situation is this:
After labeling proteins with a radioactive photolabile probe, I seperate
those proteins on a 7.5% gel (12x18cm, SDS-PAGE). But hereafter, I would
like to cut my acrylamide gel in thin slices of about 2mm, because in this
way I can identify the molecular weights of possible labeled proteins.

Does anybody know a nice gentle and especially reproducible way to cut a gel
in pieces, or, does anybody know which companies sell holders for razor
blades, designed for this purpose??

Any ideas or suggestions would be very appreciated.
Please post here or send an e-mail directly to:
g.j.e.j.hooiveld at farm.rug.nl

Thanks in advance!