deletion mutant in Cyanobacteria

Farid jalali fjalali at credit.erin.utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 18 03:20:06 EST 1996

Hello,

I have designed a construct where a cloned cyanobacterial restriction
fragment will be cut, a region of the fragment removed, and in its place
a cassette conferring resistance to an antiobiotic will be placed. My
question deals with the fact that the region I will remove is not the
same size as the cassette. The species I work with undergoes homologous
recombination quite readily, and I am wondering if removing a region
from the construct that is larger than the genomic region is going to be
a problem.
I hope this doesn't sound to confusing. Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Farid Jalali
Department of Botany