polytron for RNA extraction

Dianne Emslie s9033036 at COUGAR.VUT.EDU.AU
Wed Jun 19 18:01:14 EST 1996

Thanks Edouard for your advice.  The polytron in our lab gets pretty=20
"messy" because another worker uses it to emulsify dried fruit samples.=20
It probably needs to be dismantled and soaked in something before using for=
=20
RNA extraction.

Thanks also to the others who offered suggestions e.g. 1% SDS, RNase ZAP=20
or using denaturing solution such as guanidinium thiocyanate 6M or=20
Chomczynski's solution D.  I might need to use them all.=20

Thanks again, Dianne