Codon preference usage

David A. Bailey gen124 at
Tue Jun 18 12:20:28 EST 1996

Peter Hians (peter at wrote:
: I have recently constructed a snake cDNA library. As such, I am now
: designing primers to screen the library. The primers are being designed
: from amino acid sequence data and are therfore degenerate. I was hoping
: that out there, somewhere, is a database of codon usage preferences for
: reptiles, preferably snakes. Thanks in advance.

Dunno about snakes, but the best place to try for codon usage tables is the
CUTG -codon usage database

allows you to scan through the 5240 organisms for which codon usage tables
have been created. I presume they'll have a snake or two in there.

 bye bye !    | Molecular and Cell Biology, | ..  There's more   ..
        0     | Marischal College,          | ..   to contact    ..
       /O\/   | University of Aberdeen.     | ..  lenses than    ..
        \\    | Tel. (0224) 273188.         | .. meets the eye ! ..