NaI solution in geneclean

Francois Coulier coulier at infobiogen.fr
Wed Jun 19 01:33:34 EST 1996

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Susan Jane Hogarth wrote:

> Francois Coulier wrote:
> >
> > I got the same problem [yellow color] with some batch of NaI. It did not affect the
> > yield of purification, nor the clonabiliy of the purified fragment.
> > interestingly, when I mixed the last few ml of the yellow NaI with a new
> > batch, the color disappeared.
>

> Why the heck would you mix an old batch in with a new one? Particuarly as the
> old batch was looking cruddy?? Just curious...
> --
>

> Susan Jane Hogarth

What do you do when you need 10ml or so of a solution, and there is only
about 8 in the old bottle? Beside, althought the old batch was looking
**yellow**, not cruddy, I knew the color had no effect whatsoever on the
yield. May I suggest you read with a little more attention the messages,
before replying to them?
Francois Coulier