deletion mutant in Cyanobacteria

Edgar Valencia edgar at cifn.unam.mx
Wed Jun 19 10:24:05 EST 1996

Hi Farid:
I guess what you want to do after having your construction will be to
introduce this construction into your strain and try to get the double
recombinant isnt it? Well, if this is what you want to do i think wont be
problem if the size of your casstte is different from the size of the
cloned fragment  you will replace. Instead, the problem will be how much
homology remains bordering your cassette, the lesser, the harder to get
the double recombinants
I hope this helps
good luck
                          Edgar Valencia Morales