purification of GST fusion proteins in presence of detergents

jlight at SICKKIDS.ON.CA jlight at SICKKIDS.ON.CA
Thu Jun 20 12:27:17 EST 1996

I'm planning to purify a GST-fusion protein from cells lysed in RIPA
buffer, which is 50 mM Tris (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl,  0.1% SDS, 0.5% sodium
deoxycholate, and 1% NP-40.  I've only ever done purification of GST
fusions in PBS, and I'm concerned that GST won't bind to Glutathione
Sepharose in the presence of detergents.  I'd appreciate hearing from
anybody who's purified GST fusion proteins in RIPA or in any buffer
containing the above detergents.  Thanks in advance.  Jeff.