Acetyl transferase... has anyone found a mammalian homolog??? to gnd5p?

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Thu Jun 20 08:51:49 EST 1996

In article <31C894FB.1855 at odyssee.net>, dellaire at ODYSSEE.NET says...

>I was wondering if the cDNA is out for the acetyl transferase gene for
>mammals.. mouse or human.  I know the yeast homolog is cloned but the
>cDNA is not available yet I don't think (at least not through NCBI or
>Entrez).
>Has anyone worked with the yeast acetyl transferase?

You'll have to be a bit more specific than "acetyltransferase" as
there are quite a few of them.  My own interest is/was arylamine
N-acetyltransferases involved in xenobiotic metabolism and the
sequences of the two human forms (and variants) and rabbit forms
have been available for some time.
	What do you want acetylated?

		Bernard
Bernard Murray, Ph.D.
"If I knew what was going on I'd really be indignant." -Crow T. Robot, MST3k
						(City Limits)