Begining with Baculovirus

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Wed Jun 19 14:39:35 EST 1996

In Article <jpl-180696150831 at mac-jpl.ibcp.fr>, jpl at ibcp.fr (jpl at ibcp.fr) wrote:

>                        Hi! I will soon try to express the cDNA coding for my
protein in a
>Baculovirus expression system. There are several kits and several vectors
>available to start such a job. The Novagen one is attractive according to
>is lower price. Let me know your experience with it or give me any valuable
>advice on how to begin with Baculovirus. Thanks for all.

The best advice I can give to anyone starting to use baculovirus expression
is to become thoroughly familiar with the basic biology of the virus first,
then research the systems available to determine which you like best. I
don't work with baculoviruses anymore, but Bac to Bac looks like the best
system to me.

Thomas T. Aquilla, Ph.D.         .***.   .***.           .***.   .***.
Molecular Physiology and Biophysics    * | | | *       * | | | * | | | *
University of Vermont Medical College*   * | | | *   * | | | *   * | | | *
Health Science Complex, Given E-213*       * | | | * | | | *       * | | | *
Burlington, VT 05405-0068    '***'           '***'   '***'           '***'