Inoue again....

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.med.utah.edu
Wed Jun 19 18:09:43 EST 1996

On 16 Jun 1996, James Graham wrote:

> Otherswise try to obtain a cell culture grade of DMSO. Redistiled
> is best from freshly opened bottle (store aliquots).

The very same paper by Inoue et al. says that DMSO quality or age is not
important at all. I have been using repeteadly a 2 l. bottle probably from
the seventies (going around the lab a lot) and no problem.

It is just one more of those myths...

Rafa

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |