Freeze and Squeeze

Paul N Hengen pnh at kaylor.ncifcrf.gov
Sun Jun 23 17:49:10 EST 1996

D. KIM (dkim at nmsu.edu) wrote:

: I may try using barrier tips for other filtration needs.  Maybe I can
: make a micro spin-column out of one . . .
: Daniel Kim

Sure can! I've used cut-off ART tips for plasmid mini-preps instead of using
those expensive frit thingys you get with kits.  I'm convinced the huge cost of
mini-prep kits is due to the different plastic do-dads they give you to recover
the DNA from the binding matrix :-)