cyanobacterial transformation

Farid jalali fjalali at
Tue Jun 25 03:01:28 EST 1996

I would like to transform the cyanobacterium Synechococcus PCC 7942 with
a pUC based vector construct. I have read several papers regarding the
protocol for tranformation, however I'm wondering if there is anyone out
there that can give me advice regarding incubation time, recovery times,
and an effective way of administering the selection. Also, is there a
concensus on whether or not the transformation should be carried out in
the light/dark?

Farid Jalali
Department of Botany
University of Toronto