Highlighting Sequence Alignment

Stu Johnston sjohnston at watson.princeton.edu
Sat Jun 22 18:25:40 EST 1996

I am making a sequence alignment figure and would like to highlight(in
black and white) the conserved regions between the different sequences.
I have tried using several drawing programs (Canvas and Freehand) but
this is labor intensive and the background boxes often print slightly
differently than what is viewed on the screen.
In addition I have looked into MacVector and the Wisconsin GCG package.
I found out the latest GCG update wiil due this using the prettybox
command, but unfortunately this update has not been installed at my
institution.

Does any know of any available programs which will do this highlighting
automatically and how I might obtain a copy?  Or recommendations on the
best way to construct such a figure?

Thank you