inosine in PCR primers

Dr Richard Sallie sallier at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 27 08:24:14 EST 1996

There has been quite a bit published on this, mostly in Nucleic Acids
Research.  One of the important issues is what the 4th position will be
used for: If it contains a RE site that will be important to yo later,
then use of inosine may be a problem, depending on the enzyme to be used.
Otherwise, it is generally OK to use inosine in this position.
Richard Sallie
In article <4qrlhr$3ok at infa.central.susx.ac.uk>, bapn4 at central.susx.ac.uk

--
Richard Sallie MD FRACP