Highlighting Sequence Alignment

Chris Hughes cchughes at uci.edu
Thu Jun 27 20:58:50 EST 1996

In article <31CC80F4.244C at watson.princeton.edu>, Stu Johnston
<sjohnston at watson.princeton.edu> wrote:

> I am making a sequence alignment figure and would like to highlight(in
> black and white) the conserved regions between the different sequences.

> Does any know of any available programs which will do this highlighting
> automatically and how I might obtain a copy?  Or recommendations on the
> best way to construct such a figure?
>
> Thank you

There is a speadsheet available for Excel that does what you want. It puts
a nucleotide in each cell and allows highlighting, different fonts,
annotations, etc.  It works very well. You can get it at:

gopher://sio.ucsd.edu/11/SIO-Departmental%20Gophers/MBRD/haygood

Good luck,

Chris Hughes

--
Dr. Chris C.W. Hughes
Dept. Mol. Biol. & Biochem.
Univ. California, Irvine                 cchughes at uci.edu
Irvine CA 92717                          ph (714)  824 8771