DNA-Elution from gel

Chris Hughes cchughes at uci.edu
Thu Jun 27 21:33:30 EST 1996

In article <31CB8517.1B7C at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Oliver Berkowitz
<oliver.berkowitz at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I´m searching for a fast and easy way of getting my DNA-fragments (about
> 1 kb) out of agarose-gels. At present I cut the bands out and spin the
> agarose-block on a Whatman-filter in a Eppendorf-tube. The effeciency is
> very poor. Is there anybody with a good technique ???
> Thanks for helping me, bye.

My vote is for agarase from Epicenter Technologies. It degrades the
agarose down to sugars.  For many applications you can then use an aliquot
of the digest straight.  Or ppte with ethanol.  Works great.

Chris Hughes

--
Dr. Chris C.W. Hughes
Dept. Mol. Biol. & Biochem.
Univ. California, Irvine                 cchughes at uci.edu
Irvine CA 92717                          ph (714)  824 8771