DIG Northerns

Olivier Gandrillon ogandril at cri.ens-lyon.fr
Fri Jun 28 07:32:38 EST 1996

Hi

We also tried DIG and 32P northerns side by side using RNA probes:
sensitivity of 32P was, alas, about 5 times better than DIG (at the
time, about 2 years ago: a new chemioluminbscent reagent was marketted
later (CDP-star)). Most of DIG-related *problem* was due to a high
background so that the film could not be exposed more than say 15 mn.
So, if you could send me your protocol, I'd like to find out how you
solved that background problem. What is sure, is that for genes that are
sufficently expressed (GAPDH...), DIG Northern are just fine!

Olivier