Highlighting Sequence Alignment

Mick Partis mick.partis at hri.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 06:15:41 EST 1996

Stu Johnston <sjohnston at watson.princeton.edu> wrote:
>I am making a sequence alignment figure and would like to highlight(in
>black and white) the conserved regions between the different sequences.

>Does any know of any available programs which will do this highlighting
>automatically and how I might obtain a copy?  Or recommendations on the
>best way to construct such a figure?
>
>Thank you

I have been impressed by genedoc which is available at
http://www.cris.com/~ketchup/genedoc.shtml  the program accepts .MSF
files from GCG pileup, or files in fasta format.  Runs under windows and
does everything you want and then some more!

Alternatively you could use boxshade, which is on several of the main
archives (try ebi http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biocat/biocat.html)

Mick

--
Mick.Partis at HRI.AC.UK         Horticulture Research International
Tel: 01789-470382