DNA elution from gels

Mr. Chris Hoyle bmbckh at biovax.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jun 29 08:49:41 EST 1996

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Oliver Berkowitz wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I=B4m searching for a fast and easy way of getting my DNA-fragments (abou=
t=20
> 1 kb) out of agarose-gels. At present I cut the bands out and spin the=20
> agarose-block on a Whatman-filter in a Eppendorf-tube. The effeciency is=
=20
> very poor. Is there anybody with a good technique ???
> Thanks for helping me, bye.

We use the DNA extraction kit from Qiagen. Extraction of DNA takes
about 30min and DNA is ready for ligation, though you do need to
separate DNA using ultrapure agarose. Can't beat it. Works for me every
time.

I do not work or have any contacts with Qiagen.
Chris Hoyle

University of Leeds             phone +44 0113 2333172
Leeds LS2 9JT                   FAX   +44 0113 2333167
Great Britain           e-mail BMBCKH at biovax.leeds.ac.uk