RNASE DECONTAMINATION REVIEW

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Sun Jun 30 17:17:23 EST 1996

In article <4r3f7h$r2p at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, snake15086 at aol.com says...

>(NYU Medical Center, Department of Molecular Biology)

[but an AOL pseudo-email address - ho hum]

>I recently got a free sample of RNase-OFF from CPG, Inc.

Dunno if this was a badly disguised advert or what.  I can't comment
on the products tested as I believe that prevention is better than
the cure as far as RNase is concerned.  A colleague of mine uses
the Ambion product and thinks it helps but they haven't done
a test or a comparison so I don't know if its actually doing anything.
	Anyway, maybe the CPG stuff does work.  However, its clear
that they don't have expertise in all areas of RNA methodology as
their mRNA extraction kit is a waste of time - low yield of degraded
RNA.  Perhaps they should include the RNase remover in the kit ;-)
At the moment save your money and avoid it like the plague.

		Bernard
Bernard Murray, Ph.D.
"But, keep in mind, I'm intensely stupid." -Crow T. Robot, MST3k
					(Attack Of The Giant Leeches)