5' RACE

Mayumi Yagi myagi at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 1 12:24:22 EST 1996

Hi,
I used the Clontech Amplifinder 5' RACE kit, with good results.  I did
not use polyA+ RNA, just total, with a gene-specific primer.  A couple
caveats, though.  I had to try a few primers before I found one that gave
me specific products in the RACE.  Also, some friends also tried using
another lot of the kit, and it didn't work in their hands, even after
several tries.  We wondered if the QC was up to par.  Thus, although it
worked fine for me, I'm a little hesitant to recommend it without
reservations.

Good luck,

Mayumi