Amersham Hybond N problem

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 1 09:58:31 EST 1996

 >Who can help me to find out, which company produces the uncharged
membrane
        formerly sold by Amersham as Hybond N ?
        The problem is , they are now selling a new membrane, calling it
Hybond N as
        well, but it is very different. However, since we have the new
Hybond N all
        we get is black autoradiographs ( we are using the Dig-system) The
new
                membrane is very thick and stiff, it doesn't look like
nylon
        at all, and it is produced by another manufacturer. Since I would
like to go
        on with my work without too much delay and the Amersham people did
not want
        to tell me their former supplier, maybe someone here knows
something.<

Check with the company GATC ( e-mail GATC at lakelink.cl.sub.de). They are
(still) selling a membrane for direct blotting electrophoresis, that is
excellent for both DIG and biotin detection. If you find it expensive, try
Macherey-Nagel Porablot NY Amp ( tel.02421 9690 in Germany).

Alexander Kraev, PhD                     Internet:    kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch